Thursday, January 29, 2009

things

some douchebag who created the innovative name "tobynelsonsucks" flamed me on youtube... on three separate videos. if my voice is so awful and i'm so ugly, why did they watch two more videos? and why so anonymous? i'd love to see the clips of your gorgeous self besting me in song! but for now i'll just settle for blocking.
anyway i got the last season of oz, heavenly creatures and delicatessan all on dvd for 55 dollars! barnes and noble (the one on 9, where it should be) has a sale through next week of buy two get the third free for dvds and box sets. o, and blu-ray! the indispensible blu-ray! something deep within my soul tells me that blu-ray will go the way of laserdiscs and zunes before not too long.
that's all less exciting than the fact that i went to a taping of the daily show with my neighbors. we took a train in, a beer spilled in my bag and all my money and my landlord's train pass and my phone got soaked. luckily they all ended up ok. the warmup guy was funny, and jon stewart was so good just answering questions from the audience before the taping started. there was this one guy who was like "why haven't you started shooting in hd yet? you're in 4x3." and stew responds "are you rainman?". the show was good, gwen ifill was good, i didn't get to see larry wilmore because the camera was in front of him, but it was fun. the extended conversation with stephen colbert was also really funny, and it was great to kind of be in live proximity to him. then we went drinking, and i didn't really eat and spent the whole trainride back puking. but it was worth it! and now i am SO OVER WAITING FOR SHIT OUTSIDE AND PUBLIC TRANSIT. the inaug and this wore me out, i'm not leaving poughkeepsie until i absolutely have to, and i'm staying inside. it's cold as shit! it was warmer in antarctica than it was in dc on inauguration day, a guy on npr said so! anyway i'm going to go over to the girls' house bye.

No comments: