Sunday, August 10, 2008

my big gay crush of the day!


rita moreno!
she is currently gracing my screen as a woman's rights activist on law and order svu, and i shrieked when i saw her
she is sister mary pete on oz, my favorite show
some stuff i just learned about her too:
"She is the first female and only Puerto Rican performer to have won an Emmy, a Grammy, an Oscar and a Tony."
she was the voice of carmen sandiego on the old show, which i used to think i could pwn
and she was in singin' in the rain!
some things i did know: she won her oscar for playing anita in west side story, one of the roles i covet above all others
she played the thai character of tuptim in the king and i, a movie almost entirely devoid of actual asian actors
o shit alfred molina is in this episode! it's like a big gay latino orgy on my screen and it makes me soooo happy. o and his lawyer is the douchey fiance from wedding crashers. they really go all out with their guest stars on this show. o my god angela lansbury? this is just getting silly.
another totally crazy thing just happened, a cool kid i didn't hook up with last night called my friend for my number, even though i kept quoting along with the movie when we watched knocked up. i think that's the movie i've seen most frequently since it's come out. i don't even think i have a greater ratio of times viewed since it came out with natural born killers, which i watch almost weekly. i am notorious for quoting along with movies when i get drunk, because as an actor i memorize lines stupidly easily.
anyway rita rita rita i love you so. she's 76 and i'd still hit it, she's a fucking legend and i'd hope some of her talent rubs off on me.

(images and some facts lovingly stolen from wikipedia)

p.s. i had to add that fucking alvarez from oz is also apparently on law and order svu. are you kidding me?

No comments: